Julie (Norris) Wilder is a social entrepreneur and community advocate utilizing the mechanism of business to create positive social, economic and environmental change in our community. Julie regularly consults for entrepreneurs and non-profits and is a frequent panelist and guest lecturer.
As co-founder and former co-owner of Dandelion Communitea Cafe, her focus on cultivating authentic community helped birth the now thriving localist movement throughout Central Florida. As a localist advocate, Julie co-founded the OurLando movement and is the voice of an award winning talk show, Front Porch Radio on WPRK 91.5fm. She is a BALLE enthusiast, Slow Money champion and advocate for social & economic sovereignty on behalf of women and single mothers, in particular. She is also a mother, writer, graphic designer, amateur photographer, artist, folk doula and hobby herbalist.
- Front Porch Radio, WPRK 91.5 FM, Founder & On-Air Host, 2007 to Present
- Sovereign Sisters, A ReClaiming Social Movement, Founder, 2015
- Gaia Mama, Journal of Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond, 2009 to Present
- Rainbow Bridge Calendar, Bridge from Gregorian to Rhythmic Time, Designer
PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
- Dandelion Communitea Cafe, Co-Owner & Co-Founder, 2005-2015
- Progressive Local Alliance for Community Enrichment (PLACE), aka Ourlando, Co-Founder
- Velocity Magazine, Community Editor through early 2014
- Edible Orlando, Advisory Board Member
- Central Florida Birth Network, Member